Author: Perry Lithgow Partnership
The work on the painting was started on 19 April 1993 and completed on 17 June 1993 by David Perry. Sited on the north wall of the Quire at the west end, the painted area is roughly rectangular and measures approximately 178cm x 72cm. This shape corresponds to the pulpit which was removed in 1835 thereby revealing the painting. The wall around the pulpit had been disastrously stripped bare causing the loss of nearly 50% of the painting.
To cite this work:
Perry Lithgow Partnership (1993) The Wheel of Fortune; Rochester Cathedral. Perry Lithgow Partnership conservation report.
To link to this article: https://rochestercathedralresearchguild.org/bibliography/1993-02
Published online: 8th January 2018
General Queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Produced by permission of the Dean and Chapter of Rochester Cathedral. All rights reserved to the authors.
Any views and opinions expressed in this work are those of the authors alone and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of either the Research Guild or the Dean and Chapter.